The #1 selling treatment of its kind, BOTOX® Cosmetic improves the appearance of severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines with a quick 10-minute injectable. You’ll begin to notice the age-defying results in as little as 3 to four days.
Why BOTOX® Cosmetic
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the first and only FDA-approved treatment to temporarily minimize the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines, crow’s feet, and forehead lines in adults.
Treatment requires minimal downtime, allowing patients to resume their daily routine immediately after leaving the specialist’s office. Results should be visible within 24 to 48 hours, with full results seen in 30 days. Treatment results may last up to four months for moderate to severe frown lines.
Potential Side Effects and Risks
Within hours or weeks of receiving BOTOX® Cosmetic, patients may experience loss of strength or general muscle weakness, vision problems, or dizziness. If this occurs, patients should avoid driving a car, operating machinery, or doing other dangerous activities.
Other serious and/or immediate allergic reactions may include itching, rash, red itchy welts, wheezing, asthma symptoms, or dizziness or feeling faint. Patients should seek medical help right away if they are wheezing, have asthma symptoms, or become dizzy or faint.
Who Shouldn’t Get BOTOX® Cosmetic?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is not recommended for patients:
- Allergic to any of the ingredients in BOTOX® Cosmetic (see Medication Guide for ingredients)
- Who have experienced an allergic reaction to any other botulinum toxin product such as Myobloc® (rimabotulinumtoxinB), Dysport® (abobotulinumtoxinA), or Xeomin® (incobotulinumtoxinA)
- Who have a skin infection at the planned injection site
Patients should speak to their doctor about any muscle or nerve conditions they may have, such as ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease, myasthenia gravis, or Lambert-Eaton syndrome, as they may be at increased risk of serious side effects from standard doses of BOTOX® Cosmetic, such as difficulty swallowing and difficulty breathing.
Before scheduling treatment, patients should let their doctor know about:
- Plans to have surgery soon
- History of surgery on their face
- Difficulty raising their eyebrows
- Drooping eyelids
- Any abnormal facial changes
- Pregnancy or plans to become pregnant
- Breastfeeding or plans to breastfeed (it is unknown if BOTOX® Cosmetic passes into breast milk)
- Current medications they are taking, including prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements
Ready for wrinkle-free skin? Schedule an appointment at NuAge Spa for BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment today!