Sun, skin disorders, aging, and even genetics can all lead to skin blemishes on the face and other areas of the body. Skin concerns can include wrinkles, acne scars, freckles, sunspots, and visible capillaries. Over time, skin may lose tone, feel less firm, and become dull.
Depending on the client’s unique skin condition and concerns, beauty spas may offer a variety of treatment options, such as laser resurfacing, mechanical resurfacing, chemical peels, and injectable products. These treatments can improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles of the entire face and even specific parts of the face, such as the upper lip and around the eyes. Skin rejuvenation can also address pigmentation disorders, such as sun and age spots, and improve the appearance of acne scars or other skin conditions.
A consultation with a trained skin specialist will help determine which specific type of treatment will best resolve the client’s beauty concerns. Most clients require a series of treatments and a multi-modality approach to achieving lasting results. After treatment, clients must be committed to protecting their skin going forward to prevent further damage.
Types of Skin Rejuvenation Treatment Options
A few examples of skin rejuvenation and resurfacing treatments include:
- Laser and Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatments can be done to remove discoloration and/or tighten sagging skin.
- Chemical peels are various acid peels used in different combinations to remove damaged outer skin layers.
- Ablative laser treatments (such as fractional and CO2 lasers) remove outer layers of skin to smooth lines and wrinkles.
- Mechanical ablation (such as dermabrasion and dermaplaning) use surgical scraping methods to soften skin surface irregularities.
- Non-ablative treatments (such as microdermabrasion, microneedling, and light acid peels) use minimally invasive sanding methods to treat light scarring and discolorations.
- Dermal fillers are injectable compounds used to improve skin contouring.
- Botox injections block nerve contractions to relax wrinkles.
- Spider vein treatment (also known as sclerotherapy) are injections used to minimize the appearance of surface veins.
Types of Conditions Treated With Skin Rejuvenation in Ladera Ranch
Because every patient is genetically unique and experiences varying environmental impacts on their skin, they need the insight of a trained skin specialist to develop a custom treatment plan.
Different skin rejuvenation approaches can address the following types of conditions:
- Static wrinkles are visible and don’t change in appearance with facial movements.
- Dynamic wrinkles are expression lines that may appear as folds when the skin is not moving, and may deepen with facial movements or expressions.
- Pigmentation may include sun spots, freckles, and other darkened patches of skin resulting mainly from sun exposure.
- Scars can be formed due to acne or injury to the skin; they may be rolling (a wavy appearance to the skin), discolored, pitted, or have raised borders.
- Vascular conditions may include blood vessels visible on the surface of the skin, vascular lesions that appear as tiny blood-filled blisters, and even a constant flush of facial redness.
- Loss of skin tone occurs due to weakening of the supportive skin structures (composed of collagen and elastin fibers) and leads to a loss of skin firmness or the development of cellulite.
- Dull skin has lost its vibrant glow due to a buildup of dead skin cells and clogged pores.