Lip fillers have become all the rage with 13.2 million cosmetic minimally-invasive procedures performed in 2020, which included 3.4 million soft-tissue fillers, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. If it’s your first time considering lip enhancement in Ladera Ranch, it’s important to do your research to learn more about the procedure and find a specialist you can trust.
Before you schedule your first consultation, here are a few commonly asked questions and answers you should read through.
1. What are lip fillers?
2. Which type of filler is the best?
During an initial consultation, the injector will suggest a filler best suited to the client’s particular needs. Some lip fillers are best for creating structure, while others add volume. Other lip fillers may create a soft plumping effect or minimize the appearance of fine lines around the mouth.
- Restylane is best for improving volume and structure around the border of the lip.
- Restylane Silk produces a soft finish and can be administered using a cannula, which helps minimize bruising.
- Juvederm Ultra creates a fuller finish by supporting hydration.
- Volbella delivers subtle results, and is best for clients who want small enhancements and reduced appearance of fine lines around the mouth.
3. Who is a candidate for lip enhancement in Ladera Ranch?
Lip injections are available to adults 21 years of age and older. The minimally invasive procedure is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women or those with an active cold sore. Lip fillers are not an option for clients with diseases of the lips, such as chronic aphthous ulcers, and autoimmune conditions such as Behcet’s or Crohn’s disease.
4. How much filler should you get?
It depends on the size of the client’s natural lips and their desired finished look. Some injectors use client’s photos of their younger self as a guide to determine volume loss. For younger patients, their height and eye size will help determine the amount of lip filler that should be used.
Though celebrities may be an inspiration for clients seeking lip enhancement in Ladera Ranch, it’s important to understand that every person’s facial structure is different. The right amount of lip filler will depend on the client’s unique features.
5. How much should you pay for lip enhancement?
Lip fillers are not inexpensive. However, don’t be tempted to choose a provider solely based on price. Those charging a heavily discounted amount may be inexperienced and pose increased risk for clients.
6. Are lip injections painful?
Because the lips are a very soft and sensitive part of the body, lip injections may cause pain. Injectors will typically prep the lips with numbing cream to minimize pain during the procedure.
Call NuAge Med Spa today to schedule a consultation and learn more about lip enhancement in Ladera Ranch.