Benefits of Restylane® Kysse
The filler provides visible results:
- 96% of subjects had improved lip fullness eight weeks after treatment
- 98% of subjects were satisfied with their lips
- 90% of partners were satisfied with the appearance of their partners’ lips after treatment
- 96% of subjects believed their lips looked natural
How to Prepare
Patients should speak to their provider to determine if they are good candidates for treatment with Restylane® Kysse.
Restylane® Kysse is not recommended for patients who:
- Have severe allergies with a history of severe reactions (anaphylaxis)
- Are allergic to lidocaine or gram-positive bacterial proteins used to make hyaluronic acid
- Prone to bleeding, or have a bleeding disorder
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Patients should tell their doctor if they:
- Have a history of scarring or pigmentation disorders as these side effects can occur with hyaluronic acid fillers
- Are planning other cosmetic treatments (i.e., lasers and chemical peels) as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the injection site
- Are taking medications that inhibit their body’s immune response or affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin, as these medications may increase the risk of bruising or bleeding at the gel injection site
Patients with skin sores, pimples, rashes, hives, cysts, or infections should postpone treatment until healing is complete.
What to Expect
The provider will begin by cleansing the treatment area and applying a topical anesthetic to minimize pain at the injection site. After making the first injection, the doctor will pause to allow the anesthetic in the filler to continue to numb the injection site.
The provider will make additional injections until the treatment area shows the desired results and gently massage it to ensure the dermal filler is distributed evenly and appears natural.
To minimize swelling, patients may apply a cold compress to the injection area. Patients will be instructed to:
- Avoid the treatment area for six hours after treatment to avoid accidental injury to the skin while it is numb
- Wash the treatment area with soap and water once the anesthetic has worn off
- Avoid taking aspirin, NSAID, St. John’s Wort, blood thinners, and high doses of Vitamin E supplements one week after treatment to minimize the risk of bruising and bleeding at the injection site
- Avoid strenuous exercise and exposure to excessive heat, sun, or UV lamps for 24 hours after treatment to reduce the risk of temporary redness, swelling, and/or itching at the injection site
Potential Side Effects and Risks
After treatment, patients may experience:
- Lump formation
- Itching at the injection site
- Impaired hand function
Serious side effects are rare but may include delayed onset infections, recurrence of herpetic eruptions, and superficial necrosis at the injection site.
There is a small risk of unintentional injection into a blood vessel, which could lead to serious and potentially permanent complications, such as vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring of the skin. As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
If you’d like to improve the volume and appearance of your lips, contact the NuAge Spa today to schedule an appointment for Restylane® Kysse today!