Skin Resurfacing ResurFX™ treatment uses a nonablative fractional laser to target a specific part of the skin’s surface, while leaving the rest intact to promote healing. This is accomplished by directing laser energy into narrow beams.
This type of laser treatment isn’t as aggressive as ablative lasers, which means results will be less drastic. However, there is minimal downtime with no pain and no need to suffer weeks of peeling, oozing, and crusting that occurs after ablative CO2 laser treatment.
The Benefits of Skin Resurfacing ResurFX™
This type of laser offers many benefits that clients will certainly appreciate:
- Only requires one pass over the treatment area, making the procedure very quick (15-30 minutes)
- Short treatment time protects the skin from excessive heat and damage
- CoolScan scanner in the laser handpiece tracks tissue temperature to prevent overheating and burns
- CoolScan scanner also offers continuous cooling, supporting comfort during treatment
- Used to treat a range of skin conditions in the face, neck, décolletage, and body
- Shorter recovery time, compared to other laser treatments
Skin Resurfacing ResurFX™ $545
The NuAge Spa Laser Resurfacing ResurFX™ treatment is an energy-based treatment designed to rejuvenate skin for a younger and more healthy-looking glow. Working with your skin to deeply stimulate collagen regeneration, this treatment often requires about three sessions to show visible improvement in your skin’s texture.
Our NuAge Spa nurses use this non-surgical skin resurfacing treatment to improve the following:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Scars and acne scars
- Skin texture and tone
- Collagen growth
- Skin tightening
- Sun damage
What to Expect During Treatment
Once the skin care professional has a firm understanding of treatment goals and the required laser energy penetration, they will set the handpiece on a low, medium or high setting.
Next, they will apply a topical anesthetic to the treatment area to minimize discomfort during treatment. After a few minutes, the skin care professional will begin passing the handpiece over the treatment area. The laser will create micro injuries on a fraction of the skin’s surface while simultaneously soothing and protecting the skin from heat damage. Treatment won’t be painful.
The micro injuries and the heat from the laser trigger a healing response that stimulates increased collagen production and elastin production over time.
Some clients may have IPL treatment in combination with ResurFX™ laser treatment for even more dramatic results in treating concerns like brown pigmentation and redness. This combination of lasers is known as a Lumenis Photofractional treatment.
The length of downtime will depend in part on the intensity level of treatment. However, clients can expect swelling to last about two days, in addition to redness and sensitivity that may last up to five days after treatment. Applying cold compresses to the skin can help alleviate side effects.
It’s important to avoid:
- Picking at any scabs or flakes, as this can cause hyperpigmentation
- Harsh skincare ingredients (retinoids, physical exfoliants, acids, etc.) as the skin heals
- Sun exposure for at least three months
Ready for clear and glowing skin? Contact the NuAge Spa today to schedule an appointment for Skin Resurfacing ResurFX™ treatment today!